You can add the policy settings in the serial port redirection ADM file (vdm_agent_serialport.adm), to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
Verify that the Serial Port Redirection setup option is installed on your desktops. The group policy settings have no effect if serial port redirection is not installed. See your Setting Up document for more information on installing the Horizon Agent.
Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the serial port redirection group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your desktops. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
Familiarize yourself with serial port redirection group policy settings. See Serial Port Redirection Group Policy Settings.
In Horizon 7 version 7.1, the ADM template files are deprecated and the ADMX template files are added.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the serial port redirection ADM file vdm_agent_serialport.adm, to your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, edit the GPO by selecting Edit. , right-clicking the GPO, and selecting
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click the Add/Remove Templates. folder and select
- Click Add, browse to the vdm_agent_serialport.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the ADM file to the GPO.
The settings are located in thefolder.
Most settings are also added to the User Configuration folder, located in .
- Configure the serial port redirection group policy settings.