You can add the policy settings in the RTAV ADM file (vdm_agent_rtav.adm), to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
Verify that the RTAV setup option is installed on your desktops. This setup option is installed by default but can be deselected during installation. The settings have no effect if RTAV is not installed. See your Setting Up document for information on installing Horizon Agent.
Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the RTAV group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your desktops. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
Verify that the Microsoft MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
Familiarize yourself with RTAV group policy settings. See Real-Time Audio-Video Group Policy Settings.
In Horizon 7 version 7.1, the ADM template files are deprecated and the ADMX template files are added.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy RTAV ADM file vdm_agent_rtav.adm, to your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, edit the GPO by selecting Edit. , right-clicking the GPO, and selecting
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click the Add/Remove Templates. folder and select
- Click Add, browse to the vdm_agent_rtav.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the ADM file to the GPO.
The settings are located in thefolder.
- Configure the RTAV group policy settings.