To configure Horizon Persona Management for a single desktop pool, you must add the Horizon Persona Management ADM template file to the Local Computer Policy on the virtual machine that you use to create the pool. To configure Horizon Persona Management on a single system, you must add the Horizon Persona Management ADM template file to that system.
Verify that Horizon Agent is installed with the Horizon Persona Management setup option on the system. See Install Horizon Agent with the Horizon Persona Management Option.
Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the system.
In Horizon 7 version 7.1, the ADM template files are deprecated and the ADMX template files are added.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the file and copy the ADM file (ViewPM.adm) to the local system.
- On the local system, click .
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
- In the Local Computer Policy window, navigate to Computer Configuration and right-click Administrative Templates.
Do not select Administrative Templates under User Configuration.
- Click Add/Remove Templates and click Add.
- Browse to the directory that contains the ViewPM.adm file.
- Select the ViewPM.admand click Add.
- Close the Add/Remove Templates window.
The Horizon Persona Management group policy settings are added to the Local Computer Policy configuration on the local system. You must use gpedit.msc to display this configuration.
What to do next
Configure the Horizon Persona Management group policy settings on the local system. See Configure Horizon Persona Management Policies.