For a View Composer linked-clone desktop pool, you can configure the parent virtual machine to store virtual-machine swap files on a local datastore. The linked clones' swap files will reside on local storage. This feature is not available to instant clones.
About this task
In this procedure, you configure local storage for the virtual-machine swap files, not the paging and temp files in the guest OS. When you create a linked-clone pool, you also can redirect guest OS paging and temp files to a separate disk. See Worksheet for Creating a Linked-Clone Desktop Pool.
- Configure a swapfile datastore on the ESXi host or cluster on which you will deploy the linked-clone pool.
- When you create the parent virtual machine in vCenter Server, store the virtual-machine swap files on the swapfile datastore on the local ESXi host or cluster:
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine.
- Click Edit Settings and click the Options tab.
- Click Swapfile location and click Store in the host's swapfile datastore.
For detailed instructions, see the VMware vSphere documentation.