You can quickly survey the status of the Horizon 7 and vSphere components in your Horizon 7 deployment by using the Horizon Console dashboard.
Horizon Console displays monitoring information about Connection Server instances, the event database, gateways, Horizon Composer services, datastores, vCenter Server instances, and domains.
- In Horizon Console, navigate to .
- In the System Health pane, click View.
The details pane displays the name, version and other information related to each issue.
- A green check mark indicates that a component has no problems.
- A red exclamation mark indicates that a component is unavailable or not functioning.
- A yellow exclamation mark indicates that a component is in a warning state.
- A question mark indicates that the status of a component is unknown.
- Make a selection to view more information about an issue.
Option Description Components Displays information about service components.
Click the Connection Servers, Gateway Servers, Event Database, View Composer Servers, or True SSO tabs to view information about service components and perform troubleshooting tasks.Select a component to perform the following tasks:
- View status, name, version, and other details.
- If you select a Connection Server, click the View Services Status tab to view information about gateway services.
- If you select a Connection Server, click the View Sessions Detail tab to view information about Connection Server sessions.
RDS Farms Displays information about farms. Click a farm ID to view more information about the farm including the RDS hosts that belongs to the farm. vSphere Displays information about components related to vSphere.
Click the Datastores, ESX Hosts, and vCenter Servers tabs to view information about each component.
Other Components Click the Domains, SAML 2.0, and License Service tabs to view more information about each component. This section is also applicable to Horizon Composer.Note: If a SAML 2.0 authenticator has a warning because of an untrusted certificate, you can click the certificate link to accept and validate the certificate. Remote Pods Displays information about remote Horizon 7 pods.Note: This section only appears when the Cloud Pod Architecture feature is enabled.
- In the Sessions pane, you can view bar charts that display the number of active, disconnected, or idle sessions of virtual desktops, published desktops, and published applications.
- In the Sessions pane, click View to view sessions.
The Sessions page displays information about the sessions.
- In the Workload pane, click View to view datastores.
You can select a datastore to view additional details such as current usage for the datastore. Horizon Console displays a warning if the free space for a datastore slips below a threshold value. If there are desktop pools related to a selected datastore, you can view the information for the desktop pools when you select the datastore. The Other Datastores column displays information for desktop pools or farms that span multiple datastores.