Real-Time Audio-Video works with standard webcam, USB audio, and analog audio devices. The feature also works with standard conferencing applications. To support Real-Time Audio-Video, your Horizon deployment must meet certain software and hardware requirements.
- Virtual desktops
When using Microsoft Teams with Real-Time Audio-Video, VMware recommends that virtual desktops have a minimum of 4 vCPUs and 4 GB of RAM.
- Horizon Client software
- Horizon Client for Windows, version 2.2 or later. To use more than one webcam or microphone in a virtual desktop, Horizon Client for Windows 5.2 or later must be installed.
- Horizon Client for Linux, version 2.2 or later. For version 3.1 or earlier, this feature is available only with the version of Horizon Client for Linux provided by third-party vendors. For version 3.2 and later, this feature is also available with the version of the client available from VMware.
- Horizon Client for Mac version 2.3 or later.
- Horizon Client for iOS, version 4.0 or later.
- Horizon Client for Android, version 4.0 or later.
- Horizon Client for Chrome OS, version 4.3 or later
- Horizon Client for Chrome, version 4.8 or later.
- Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP, version 5.2 or later.
- Horizon Client computer or client access device
- All operating systems that run Horizon Client for Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Chrome, and Windows 10 UWP.
- All operating systems that run Horizon Client for Linux on x86 devices. This feature is not supported on ARM processors.
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and later. It is disabled on all earlier Mac OS X operating systems.
- For information about supported client operating systems, see the Horizon Client installation and setup document for the appropriate system or device.
- The webcam and audio device drivers must be installed, and the webcam and audio device must be operable, on the client computer. You do not need to install the device drivers on the machine where the agent is installed.
- Display protocols
Note: Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP does not support Real-Time Audio-Video with PCoIP.
- VMware Blast (requires Horizon Agent 7.0 or later)