The HTML5 Multimedia Redirection feature has certain limitations.
- HTML5 Multimedia Redirection does not support 360 videos. The HTML5 Multimedia Redirection extension icon is marked with the REDR badge, even though the video is not supported.
- The HTML5 Multimedia Redirection feature cannot redirect HTML multimedia content from http://huffingtonpost.com. The HTML5 Multimedia Redirection feature can redirect HTML5 multimedia content from http://www.yahoo.com, but you might see a Page Unresponsive message.
- If you include the URL of a Microsoft Edge trusted site in the list of websites in the Enable URL list for VMware HTML5 Multimedia Redirection group policy setting, HTML5 Multimedia Redirection does not work for that URL. You can avoid this limitation by making the host less secure by running the command CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe".
- With the Microsoft Edge browser, the HTML5 Multimedia Redirection feature cannot redirect HTML multimedia content from websites that use the m3u8 video format, such as ted.com.
- When the Scanner Redirection setup option is enabled in Horizon Agent in a remote desktop, the VMware Horizon HTML5 Redirection Extension for Edge extension sometimes crashes after the Microsoft Edge browser is launched in the remote desktop. This problem typically occurs in large-monitor environments and under stress.
- If a user plays an HTML5 video that uses a static video URL in a remote desktop, their client machine does not have access to the static URL and the playback falls back to the remote desktop.