To perform desktop or application pool deployment tasks, troubleshooting tasks, or manage JMP workflows, you must log in to Horizon Console. You access Horizon Console by using a secure (TLS) connection.
- Verify that Horizon Connection Server is installed on a dedicated computer.
- A user must be assigned any predefined role or a combination of predefined roles to login to Horizon Console. You cannot login to Horizon Console when the user is assigned a custom role or a combination of predefined and custom roles. For more information on configuring role-based access, see Configuring Role-Based Delegated Administration.
- Verify that you are using a Web browser supported by Horizon Console. For more information about supported Web browsers, see the Horizon 7 Installation document.
- Open your Web browser and enter the following URL, where server is the host name of the Connection Server instance.
https://server/adminNote: You can use the IP address if you have to access a Connection Server instance when the host name is not resolvable. However, the contacted host will not match the TLS certificate that is configured for the Connection Server instance, resulting in blocked access or access with reduced security.Your access to Horizon Console depends on the type of certificate that is configured on the Connection Server computer.
If you open your Web browser on the Connection Server host, use https://127.0.0.1 to connect, not https://localhost. This method improves security by avoiding potential DNS attacks on the localhost resolution.
Option Description You configured a certificate signed by a CA for Connection Server. When you first connect, your Web browser displays the Welcome to VMware Horizon 7 page. The default, self-signed certificate supplied with Connection Server is configured. When you first connect, your Web browser might display a page warning that the security certificate associated with the address is not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Click Ignore to continue using the current TLS certificate.
- To always use the Horizon Console login page, click Always use this option.
Note: If you click Always use this option and click Launch, the next time you open a tab in the web browser and enter https://server/admin, you will always get the Horizon Console login page. To access the Welcome to VMware Horizon 7 page again, go to https://server/admin/#home.
- Click Launch under Horizon Console to open the Horizon Console login page.
- Log in as a user with credentials to access the Administrators account.
You make an initial assignment to the Administrators role when you install a standalone Connection Server instance or the first Connection Server instance in a replicated group. By default, the account that you use to install Connection Server is selected, but you can change this account to the Administrators local group or to a domain global group.
If you chose the Administrators local group, then you can use any domain user added to this group directly or through global group membership. You cannot use local users added to this group.