Before you install Connection Server, you must verify that your installation environment satisfies specific prerequisites.
- You must have a valid license key for Horizon 7.
- You must join the Connection Server host to an Active Directory domain. Connection Server supports the following Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) domain functional levels:
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
The Connection Server host must not be a domain controller.Note: Connection Server does not make, nor does it require, any schema or configuration updates to Active Directory.
- Do not install Connection Server on systems that have the Windows Terminal Server role installed. You must remove the Windows Terminal Server role from any system on which you install Connection Server.
- Do not install Connection Server on a system that performs any other functions or roles. For example, do not use the same system to host vCenter Server.
- The system on which you install Connection Server must have an IP address that does not change. In an IPv4 environment, configure a static IP address. In an IPv6 environment, machines automatically get IP addresses that do not change.
- To run the Horizon Connection Server installer, you must use a domain user account with Administrator privileges on the system.
- When you install Connection Server, you authorize an Administrators account. You can specify the local Administrators group or a domain user or group account. Horizon 7 assigns full administration rights, including the right to install replicated Connection Server instances, to this account only. If you specify a domain user or group, you must create the account in Active Directory before you run the installer.