You can quickly survey the status of the Horizon 7 and vSphere components in your Horizon 7 deployment by using the Horizon Console dashboard.
Horizon Console displays monitoring information about Connection Server instances, the event database, gateways, View Composer services, datastores, vCenter Server instances, domains, and sessions in a Cloud Pod Architecture environment.
For information about monitoring sessions in a Cloud Pod Architecture environment, see the Administering Cloud Pod Architecture in Horizon 7 document.
- The top panel of the Horizon Console navigator displays the summary details for dashboard statistics including the latest refresh date and the total number of issues against Sessions, Problem vCenter VMs, Problem RDS Hosts, Events, and System Health.
You can click the refresh icon to get the latest dashboard statistics.
You can click on the issue number to view more details about component issues.
- A green check mark indicates that a component has no problems.
- A red exclamation mark indicates that a component is unavailable or not functioning.
- A yellow exclamation mark indicates that a component is in a warning state.
- A gray question mark indicates that the status of a component is unknown.
- Navigate to
. The System Health pane displays information about system components that have issues. You can click each system component to get a high-level view of the affected components, status, and description of the issue.
- To view more information about an issue, click View and then make a selection.
Option Description Components Displays information about service components.
To view information about service components and perform troubleshooting tasks, click the Connection Servers, Gateway Servers, Event Database, View Composer Servers, or True SSO tabs.To perform the following tasks, select a component.
- View status, name, version, and other details.
- If you select a Connection Server instance, click the View Services Status tab to view information about gateway services.
- If you select a Connection Server instance, click the View Sessions Detail tab to view information about Connection Server sessions.
RDS Farms Displays information about farms. To view more information about the farm, including the RDS hosts that belongs to the farm, click a farm ID. vSphere Displays information about components related to vSphere.
To view information about each component, click the Datastores, ESX Hosts, and vCenter Servers tabs.
Other Components To view more information about each component, click the Domains, SAML 2.0, and License Service tabs. This section is also applicable to View Composer.Note: If a SAML 2.0 authenticator has a warning because of an untrusted certificate, you can click the certificate link to accept and validate the certificate. Remote Pods Displays information about remote Horizon 7 pods.Note: This section only appears when the Cloud Pod Architecture feature is enabled.
- To see bar charts that display the number of active, disconnected, or idle sessions of virtual desktops, published desktops, and published applications, view the Sessions pane.
- To view sessions, click View in the Sessions pane.
The Sessions page displays information about the sessions.
- To view datastores, click View in the Workload pane.
You can select a datastore to view additional details such as current use for the datastore. Horizon Console displays a warning if the free space for a datastore slips below a threshold value. If there are desktop pools related to a selected datastore, you can view the information for the desktop pools when you select the datastore. The Other Datastores column displays information for desktop pools or farms that span multiple datastores.