You create an automated instant-clone farm as part of the process to give users access to published applications or published desktops.
- Verify that Connection Server is installed. See the Horizon 7 Installation document.
- Verify that Connection Server settings for vCenter Server are configured in Horizon Console. See the VMware Horizon Console Administration document.
- Verify that you have a sufficient number of ports on the ESXi virtual switch that is used for the virtual machines that are used as remote desktops. The default value might not be sufficient if you create large desktop pools.
- Verify that you prepared a golden image virtual machine. Horizon Agent must be installed on the golden image virtual machine. See Preparing a Parent Virtual Machine for an Automated Farm.
- Take a snapshot of the golden image virtual machine in vCenter Server. You must shut down the golden image virtual machine before you take the snapshot. Connection Server uses the snapshot as the base image from which the clones are created.
- Gather the configuration information you must provide to create the farm. See Worksheet for Creating an Automated Instant-Clone Farm in Horizon Console.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
- Select Automated Farm.
- Select Instant clone.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to create the farm.
Use the configuration information that you gathered in the worksheet. You can go directly back to any wizard page that you completed by clicking the page name in the navigation panel.
What to do next
Create a published application pool or a published desktop pool. See Creating Published Desktop Pools in Horizon Console or Creating Application Pools in Horizon Console.