|All self-service functions are provided through vRealize Automation:
- Self-provision and de-provision, or recycle, machines in existing Horizon 7 desktop pools
- Self-service request and entitlement for applications and desktops
- Self-service management of desktops, including the following actions: refresh, restart, recycle, log out, and more
- Self-service management of approving and automatically provisioning approved application requests
- Self-service request for remote applications
- Self-service request for a VMware App Volumes® application stack
- Provision a machine into an existing desktop pool on behalf of an end user.
- Provision multiple machines for multiple users.
- Provision from vRealize Automation to create either Horizon or vRealize Automation machines.
- De-provision a machine on behalf of an end user and preserve the persistent disk, if there is one.
- Perform maintenance operations on machines.
- Perform recompose operations on one or more pools.
- Perform pool-level functions and day-2 management operations on machines through vRealize Automation by using action buttons such as Manage Assignment, Manage Session, Refresh, and Recompose.
- Add managed and unmanaged virtual machines to manual desktop pools.
- Add vRealize Automation IaaS blueprint-provisioned machines to manual pools.
- Add physical machines to manual unmanaged desktop pools.
- Allow modification of the minimum number of machines in a desktop pool, pool display name, and number of powered-on machines.
- Perform duplication of desktop pools.
|Assignment and entitlement
- Add users to and remove users from global entitlements in a cloud pod architecture.