Horizon 7 supports virtual machines running on Hyper-V hypervisor version 2012R2 UR12.
The following operating systems are supported:
- VDI: Windows 10 v 1909 64-bit
- RDS Hosts: Windows 2016 Standard 64-bit and Wiindows 2102 R2 Standard 64-bit
Running Horizon Agent in virtual machines on Hyper-V has the following limitations and known issues:
- Horizon Agent installation in Desktop mode is not supported on Windows Server OS.
- When you click the CAD button on the Hyper-V console, the CAD window also displays on the remote desktop session.
- Hyper-V does not support GPU-related features: vGPU, 3D RDSH, HEVC.
Note: Hyper-V based virtual machines can directly leverage GPU capability available to the Horizon Agent operating system. Verify the graphics support with the third-party virtualization platform vendor (Microsoft).