An instant-clone desktop pool is an automated desktop pool. vCenter Server creates the desktop VMs based on the settings that you specify when you create the pool.
- Verify that the virtual switch that the instant-clone VMs connect to has enough ports to support the expected number of VMs. Each network card on a VM requires one port.
- Verify that you have the golden image ready. For more information, see Creating a Virtual Machine for Cloning.
- Gather the configuration information for the pool. See Worksheet for Creating an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool in Horizon Console.
- Verify that you added an instant-clone domain administrator in Horizon Administrator. See "Add an Instant-Clone Domain Administrator" in the VMware Horizon Console Administration document.
- In Horizon Console, select .
- Click Add.
- Select Automated Desktop Pool and click Next.
- Select Instant Clones, select the vCenter Server instance, and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to create the pool.
Use the configuration information you gathered in the worksheet. You can go directly back to any wizard page by clicking the page name in the navigation pane.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool. See, Add Entitlements to a Desktop or Application Pool in Horizon Console.