You add ThinApp applications to View Administrator by scanning an application repository and selecting ThinApp applications. After you add a ThinApp application to View Administrator, you can assign it to machines and desktop pools.
Before you begin
Register an application repository with View Administrator.
- In View Administrator, select .
- On the Summary tab, click Scan New ThinApps.
- Select an application repository and a folder to scan and click Next.
If the application repository contains subfolders, you can expand the root folder and select a subfolder.
- Select the ThinApp applications that you want to add to View Administrator.
You can press Ctrl+click or Shift+click to select multiple ThinApp applications.
- Click Scan to begin scanning the MSI packages that you selected.
You can click Stop Scan if you need to stop the scan.
View Administrator reports the status of each scanning operation and the number of ThinApp applications that were added to View Administrator. If you select an application that is already in View Administrator, it is not added again.
- Click Finish.
The new ThinApp applications appear on the Summary tab.
What to do next
(Optional) Create ThinApp templates.