You can use Horizon Administrator to add a desktop pool to an existing global desktop entitlement, or add an application pool to an existing global application entitlement.
You can add multiple pools to a global entitlement, but you can add a particular pool to only one global entitlement.
If you add multiple application pools to a global application entitlement, you must add the same application. For example, do not add Calculator and Microsoft Office PowerPoint to the same global application entitlement. If you add different applications to the same global application entitlement, entitled users might receive different applications at different times.
- Create and configure the global entitlement. See Create and Configure a Global Entitlement.
- Create the desktop or application pool to add to the global entitlement. See the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 or Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon 7 document.
- Log in to the Horizon Administrator user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod that contains the pool to add to the global entitlement.
- In Horizon Administrator, select .
- Double-click the global entitlement.
- On the Local Pools tab, click Add, select the desktop or application pool to add, and click Add.
You can press the Ctrl and Shift keys to select multiple pools.Note: Pools that are already associated with a global entitlement or that do not meet the criteria for the global entitlement policies you selected are not displayed. For example, if you enabled the HTML Access policy, you cannot select pools that do not allow HTML Access.
- Repeat these steps on a Connection Server instance in each pod that contains a pool to add to the global entitlement.
When an entitled user uses Horizon Client to connect to a Connection Server instance in the pod federation, the global entitlement name appears in the list of available desktops and applications.