You can associate a global entitlement with a home site so that the global entitlement's home site overrides a user's own home site when the user selects the global entitlement.
To create a home site override, you associate a home site with a global entitlement and a particular user or group. When the user (or a user in the selected group) accesses the global entitlement, the global entitlement's home site overrides the user's own home site.
For example, if a user who has a home site in New York accesses a global entitlement that associates that user with the London home site, Horizon looks in the London site to satisfy the user's application request rather than allocating an application from the New York site.
- Verify that the global entitlement has the Use home site policy enabled. For more information, see Modify Attributes or Policies for a Global Entitlement.
- Verify that the user or group is included in the global entitlement. For more information, see Add a User or Group to a Global Entitlement.
- Log in to the Horizon Administrator user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod federation.
- In Horizon Administrator, select .
- Double-click the global entitlement to associate with a home site.
- On the Home Site Override tab, click Add.
Note: The Add button is not available if the Use home site policy is not enabled for the global entitlement.
- Select one or more search criteria and click Find to filter Active Directory users and groups based on your search criteria.
- Select the Active Directory user or group that has a home site you want to override.
The user or group must already be included in the global entitlement you selected.
- Select the home site to associate with the global entitlement from the Home Site drop-down menu.
- Click Finish to create the home site override.