Before you can install a security server, you must configure a security server pairing password. When you install a security server with the View Connection Server installation program, the program prompts you for this password during the installation process.
The security server pairing password is a one-time password that permits a security server to be paired with a View Connection Server instance. The password becomes invalid after you provide it to the View Connection Server installation program.
- In View Administrator, select .
- In the Connection Servers tab, select the View Connection Server instance to pair with the security server.
- From the More Commands drop-down menu, select Specify Security Server Pairing Password.
- Type the password in the Pairing password and Confirm password text boxes and specify a password timeout value.
You must use the password within the specified timeout period.
- Click OK to configure the password.
What to do next
Install a security server. See Install a Security Server.