Depending on the performance, availability, and security needs of your View deployment, you can install a single instance of View Connection Server, replicated instances of View Connection Server, and security servers. You must install at least one instance of View Connection Server.
When you install View Connection Server, you select a type of installation.
- Standard installation
- Generates a View Connection Server instance with a new View LDAP configuration.
- Replica installation
- Generates a View Connection Server instance with a View LDAP configuration that is copied from an existing instance.
- Security server installation
- Generates a View Connection Server instance that adds an additional layer of security between the Internet and your internal network.
- Enrollment Server installation
Installs an enrollment server that is required for the True SSO (single sign-on) feature, so that after users log in to VMware Identity Manager, they can connect to a remote desktop or application without having to provide Active Directory credentials. The enrollment server requests the short-lived certificates that are used for authentication.
Note: Because this feature requires that a certificate authority also be set up, and specific configuration performed, the installation procedure for the enrollment server is provided in the View Administration document, in the chapter "Authenticating Users Without Requiring Credentials," rather than in this installation document.