Applying a patch involves downloading and running the installer for the patch version.
Determine when to perform this procedure. Choose an available desktop maintenance window. The amount of time required depends on the number of View Connection Server instances in the group. Budget 15 minutes to half an hour for each instance.
Verify that you have a domain user account with administrative privileges on the hosts that you will use to run the patch installer.
- If View Connection Server is installed in a virtual machine, take a snapshot of the virtual machine.
For instructions on taking snapshots, see the vSphere Client online help.
- On one of the View Connection Server instances in a replicated group, download the installer file for the patch version of View Connection Server.
Your contact at VMware will provide instructions for this download.
- Run the installer that you downloaded for the patch release of View Connection Server.
For information about running the installer, see the View Installation document.Note:
With Horizon 6 version 6.2 and later releases, you are no longer required to uninstall the previous version before installing the patch.
- Follow the installation wizard prompts and click OK when asked to continue the installation with the existing ADAM instance.
- Verify that the VMware Horizon View Connection Server service restarts after the installer wizard closes.
- Repeat the previous steps for the other View Connection Server instances in the replicated group.
- Repeat this process for View security servers.
What to do next
If applying the patch fails on one or more of the View Connection Server instances, see Create a Replicated Group After Reverting Connection Server to a Snapshot.
Apply the patch to View Agent, if applicable.