The Windows hibernation feature creates a hidden system file, Hiberfil.sys and uses this file to store information that is needed for hybrid sleep. Disabling hibernation reduces the size of an instant clone's or a View Composer linked clone's virtual disk.
About this task
When you make hibernation unavailable, hybrid sleep does not work. Users can lose data if a power loss occurs.
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine and select Open Console.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Disable the hibernation option.
- Click Start and type cmd in the Start Search box.
- In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- At the User Account Control prompt, click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press Enter.
- Type exit and press Enter.