By default, some applications that rely on the Explorer.exe file may not run in an application session. To avoid this issue, you must configure a GPO setting to start runonce.exe.
Verify that the Group Policy Management feature is available on your Active Directory server.
The steps for opening the Group Policy Management Console differ in the Windows 2012, Windows 2008, and Windows 2003 Active Directory versions. See "Create GPOs for Horizon 7 Group Policies" in the Configuring Remote Desktop Features in Horizon 7 document.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console.
- Expand your domain and Group Policy Objects.
- Right-click the GPO that you created for the group policy settings and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, navigate to .
- Double-click Logon and click Add.
- In the Script Name box, type runonce.exe.
- In the Script Parameters box, type /AlternateShellStartup.