You can add the policy settings in the RTAV ADMX file (vdm_agent_rtav.admx), to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
Before you begin
Verify that the RTAV setup option is installed on your desktops. This setup option is installed by default but can be deselected during installation. The settings have no effect if RTAV is not installed. See your Setting Up document for information on installing Horizon Agent.
Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the RTAV group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your desktops. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
Verify that the Microsoft MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
Familiarize yourself with RTAV group policy settings. See Real-Time Audio-Video Group Policy Settings.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the ADMX files to your Active Directory or RDS host.
- Copy the vdm_agent_rtav.admx file and the en-US folder to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory or RDS host.
- (Optional) : Copy the language resource file (vdm_agent_rtav.adml) to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory or RDS host.
- On the Active Directory host, open the Group Policy Management Editor and enter the path to the template file in the editor.
On an individual RDS host, you can open the Local Group Policy Editor with the gpedit.msc utility.
The settings are located in thefolder.
What to do next
Configure the group policy settings.