With client-to-agent redirection, Horizon Client opens a remote desktop or application to handle a URL link that a user clicks on the client. If a remote desktop is opened, the default application for the protocol in the URL processes the URL. If a remote application is opened, the application processes the URL.
To use client-to-agent redirection, perform the following configuration tasks.
- Enable the URL Content Redirection feature in Horizon Agent. See Installing Horizon Agent with the URL Content Redirection Feature.
- (Windows clients only) Enable the URL Content Redirection feature in Horizon Client for Windows. See Installing Horizon Client for Windows with the URL Content Redirection Feature.
- Use the vdmutil command-line utility to create a URL content redirection setting that indicates, for each protocol, how Horizon Client should redirect the URLs. See Create a Local URL Content Redirection Setting or Create a Global URL Content Redirection Setting.
- Use the vdmutil command-line utility to assign the URL content redirection setting to Active Directory users or groups. See Assign a URL Content Redirection Setting to a User or Group.
- Verify the URL content redirection setting. See Test a URL Content Redirection Setting.