If you have multiple microphones on your client system, only one microphone is used on your remote desktop. You can use System Preferences on your client system to specify which microphone is the default microphone on the remote desktop.
With the Real-Time Audio-Video feature, audio input devices and audio output devices work without requiring the use of USB redirection, and the amount of network bandwidth required is greatly reduced. Analog audio input devices are also supported.
This procedure describes how to choose a microphone from the user interface of the client system. Administrators can also configure a preferred microphone by using the Mac defaults system. See Configure a Preferred Webcam or Microphone on a Mac Client System.
- Verify that you have a USB microphone or another type of microphone installed and operational on your client system.
- Verify that you are using the VMware Blast display protocol or the PCoIP display protocol for your remote desktop.
- On your client system, select Sound. and click
- Open the Input pane of Sound preferences.
- Select the microphone that you prefer to use.