If you have multiple microphones on your client system, only one of them is used on your Horizon 7 desktop. To specify which microphone is the default, you can use the Sound control on your client system.
With the Real-Time Audio-Video feature, audio input devices and audio output devices work without requiring the use of USB redirection, and the amount of network bandwidth required is greatly reduced. Analog audio input devices are also supported.
This procedure describes choosing a default microphone from the user interface of the client system. Administrators can also configure a preferred microphone by editing a configuration file. See Select a Preferred Webcam or Microphone on a Linux Client System.
- Verify that you have a USB microphone or another type of microphone installed and operational on your client system.
- Verify that you are using the VMware Blast display protocol or the PCoIP display protocol for your remote desktop.
- In the Ubuntu graphical user interface, select
. You can alternatively click the Sound icon on the right side of the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click the Input tab in the Sound Preferences dialog box.
- Select the preferred device and click Close.