To set up location-based printing, you configure the AutoConnect Map Additional Printers for VMware View group policy setting. The group policy setting is a name translation table that maps printers to Horizon desktops.
- Verify that the Microsoft MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server or on the domain computer that you use to configure group policies.
- Register the DLL file TPVMGPoACmap.dll on your Active Directory server or on the domain computer that you use to configure group policies. See Register the Location-Based Printing Group Policy DLL File.
- Familiarize yourself with syntax of the AutoConnect Map Additional Printers for VMware View group policy setting. See Location-Based Printing Group Policy Setting Syntax.
- Create a GPO for the location-based group policy setting and link it to the OU that contains your Horizon desktops. See Create GPOs for Horizon 7 Group Policies for an example of how to create GPOs for Horizon group policies.
- Verify that the Virtual Printing setup option was installed with Horizon Agent on your desktops. To verify, check if the TP AutoConnect Service and TP VC Gateway Service are installed in the desktop operating system.
- Because print jobs are sent directly from the Horizon desktop to the printer, verify that the required printer drivers are installed on your desktops.
- On the Active Directory server, edit the GPO.
AD Version Navigation Path Windows 2003
- Select .
- Right-click the OU that contains your Horizon desktops and select Properties.
- On the Group Policy tab, click Open to open the Group Policy Management plug-in.
- In the right pane, right-click the GPO that you created for the location-based printing group policy setting and select Edit.
The Group Policy Object Editor window appears.
- Select .
- Expand your domain, right-click the GPO that you created for the location-based printing group policy setting and select Edit.
- Expand Computer Configuration, open the Software Settings folder, and select AutoConnect Map Additional Printers for VMware View.
- In the Policy pane, double-click Configure AutoConnect Map Additional Printers.
The AutoConnect Map Additional Printers for VMware View window appears.
- Select Enabled to enable the group policy setting.
The translation table headings and buttons appear in the group policy window.Important: Clicking Disabled deletes all table entries. As a precaution, save your configuration so that you can import it later.
- Add the printers that you want to map to Horizon desktops and define their associated translation rules.
- Click OK to save your changes.