If a Connection Server is not able to connect to vCenter, provisioning of a desktop pool can fail.
Provisioning of a desktop pool fails, and you see one of the following error messages in the event database.
- Cannot log in to vCenter at address VC_Address
- The status of vCenter at address VC_Address is unknown
The View Connection Server instance cannot connect to vCenter for one of the following reasons.
- The Web service on the vCenter Server has stopped.
- There are networking problems between the View Connection Server host and the vCenter Server.
- The port numbers and login details for vCenter or View Composer have changed.
- Verify that the Web service is running on the vCenter.
- Verify that there are no network problems between the View Connection Server host and the vCenter.
- In View Administrator, verify the port numbers and login details that are configured for vCenter and View Composer.