Disabling the Windows registry backup feature, RegIdleBackup, avoids some I/O operations to the file system and can reduce the growth of an instant clone's or a View Composer linked clone's virtual disk.
About this task
The following steps apply to Windows 7 and Windows 8. The steps might vary on different Windows operating systems.
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine and select Open Console.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click .
- Select Task Scheduler and click Open.
- In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library, Microsoft, Windows.
- Double-click Registry and select RegIdleBackup.
- In the Actions pane, click Disable.