You can add the Horizon Persona Management ADMX template file to your Active Directory server or to a single system.
- Verify that Horizon Agent is installed with the Horizon Persona Management setup option. See Install Horizon Agent with the Horizon Persona Management Option.
- Verify that gpedit.msc or the appropriate group policy editor is available.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the Horizon Persona Management ADMX files to your Active Directory server or to the individual Persona host (single system).
- Copy the ViewPM.admx file to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ directory.
- Copy the language resource files ViewPM.adml to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory server or the individual Persona host.
For example, copy the ViewPM.adml file to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\ directory for the EN locale.
- On your Active Directory host, open the Group Policy Management Editor or, on an individual Persona host, open the Local Group Policy Editor with the gpedit.msc utility.
The Horizon Persona Management group policy settings are installed in Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Persona Management.
What to do next
(Optional) Configure the Horizon Persona Management group policy settings. See Configure Horizon Persona Management Policies.