For a View Composer linked-clone desktop pool, you can configure the parent virtual machine to store virtual-machine swap files on a local datastore. The linked clones' swap files will reside on local storage.
About this task
In this procedure, you configure local storage for the virtual-machine swap files, not the paging and temp files in the guest OS. When you create a linked-clone pool, you also can redirect guest OS paging and temp files to a separate disk. See Worksheet for Creating a Linked-Clone Desktop Pool.
- Configure a swapfile datastore on the ESXi host or cluster on which you will deploy the linked-clone pool.
- When you create the parent virtual machine in vCenter Server, store the virtual-machine swap files on the swapfile datastore on the local ESXi host or cluster:
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine.
- Click Edit Settings and click the Options tab.
- Click Swapfile location and click Store in the host's swapfile datastore.
For detailed instructions, see the VMware vSphere documentation.