After you create a virtual machine, you must install a guest operating system.
- Verify that an ISO image file of the guest operating system is on a datastore on your ESXi server.
- Verify that the CD/DVD drive in the virtual machine points to the ISO image file of the guest operating system and that the CD/DVD drive is configured to connect at power on.
- In vSphere Client, log in to the vCenter Server system where the virtual machine resides.
- Right-click the virtual machine, select Power, and select Power On to start the virtual machine.
Because you configured the CD/DVD drive to point to the ISO image of the guest operating system and to connect at power on, the guest operating system installation process begins automatically.
- Click the Console tab and follow the installation instructions provided by the operating system vendor.
- Activate Windows.
What to do next
Prepare the guest operating system for View desktop deployment.