For workflows that return output parameters, you can add the output parameters to the service blueprint. An example of an output parameter is the URL for accessing the desktop through HTML Access.
Before you begin
Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vRealize Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
Verify that a connection has been made to the View pod by running the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. See Configure the Connection to a View Pod.
Verify that vRealize Automation is configured to communicate with the vRealize Orchestrator server so that the vRealize Orchestrator workflows are available.
About this task
Workflows exposed through vRealize Automation can be customized using the vRealize Automation form editor interface. You can hide fields or rearrange them and add cosmetic improvements to fit into the organization service catalog. Add the blueprint for the specific workflow and customize as needed. You can convert any workflow field to a text box or provide values to display so that users can select from a drop-down list.
- Log in to vRealize Automation as an administrator.
- Add a new service blueprint.
vRealize Automation Version
Click the Add Blueprint (+) icon.
7.2 and later
Click New (+) icon.
- Navigate through the vRealize Orchestrator workflow library and select a workflow from the folder.
- Click Next, and specify the workflow name and description that will appear in the vRealize Automation service catalog.
- Click Next, and on the Blueprint Form tab, click the plus icon (+).
- In the New Form dialog box, title the form Request Details, and in the Screen type list, select Submitted request details and click Submit.
In the Fields list on the left side of the form, you can scroll down and see a new section called Outputs.
- Click a parameter item under Outputs in the Fields list, and drag it onto the form page.
For example, if you were creating a blueprint from a desktop allocation workflow, you could click the htmlAccessUrl item under Outputs in the Fields list, and drag the htmlAccessUrl item onto the form page.
- Click Next, and on the Provisioned Resource tab, click Add.
The blueprint is added to the Service Blueprints page, and the status is set to Draft.
- To publish the blueprint, select Publish from the Actions list for the blueprint.
The item now appears on thetab.
What to do next
Configure the catalog item for this service. After a user submits a request using this catalog item, if you go to the Requests tab and view the details of one of the requests for this item, you see the output parameters listed on the Step tab.