You must enable the VMware View Script Host service on each View desktop virtual machine where you want View to run a start session script. The VMware View Script Host service is disabled by default.
About this task
When you configure the VMware View Script Host service, you can optionally specify the user account under which the start session script runs. Start session scripts run in the context of the VMware View Script Host service. By default, the VMware View Host Script service is configured to run as the SYSTEM user.
Start session scripts are run outside a desktop user session and not by the desktop user account. Information is sent directly from the client computer within a script running as the SYSTEM user.
- Log in to the View desktop virtual machine.
- At the command prompt, type services.msc to start the Windows Services tool.
- In the details pane, right-click the VMware View Script Host service entry and select Properties.
- On the General tab, select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down menu.
- (Optional) : If you do not want the local System account to run the start session script, select the Log On tab, select This account, and type the user name and password of the account to run the start session script.
- Click OK and exit the Windows Services tool.