You can create Windows Start menu shortcuts for entitled applications in Horizon Administrator so that the shortcuts appear in the Start menu on the user's Windows client device. You can create Start menu shortcuts when you create an application pool. You can also create Start menu shortcuts when you edit the application pool.
Set up RDS hosts. See Setting Up Remote Desktop Services Hosts.
Create a farm that contains the RDS hosts. See Creating Farms.
If you plan to add the application pool manually, gather information about the application. See Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually.
Horizon Client 4.6 for Windows or later.
- In Horizon Administrator, click Add. and click
- In the Add Application Pool wizard, select an RDS farm.
- Select the type of application pool you want to create.
Add application pool manually
Enter the information about the application. See Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually.
Select installed applications
Filter to find applications by name, installed path, or application type, or select from a list of installed applications. For information about configuring additional options, see Worksheet for Creating an Application Pool Manually.
- To create a Windows Start menu shortcut for the application pool, click the Category Folder Browse button, select Select a category folder from the folder list, select a category folder from the list, and click OK.
You can create a new category folder by typing a folder name in the New Folder text box and clicking Add.
- Click Next.
- Select Entitle users after this wizard finishes.
- In the Add Entitlements wizard, click Add, select one or more search criteria, and click Find to find users or groups based on your search criteria, select the users or groups you want to entitle to the desktops in the pool and click OK.
A check mark appears in the App Shortcut column for the application pool on the Application Pools page.
What to do next
Connection Server places these shortcuts in the Start menu on the user's Windows client device. Log in to Horizon Client for Windows to view the applications shortcuts in the Start menu.