You can create Windows Start menu shortcuts for entitled desktop pools in Horizon Administrator so that the desktop pools appear in the Start menu on the user's Windows client device. You can create Start menu shortcuts when you create a desktop pool. You can also create Start menu shortcuts when you edit the desktop pool.
Decide how to configure the pool settings based on the type of desktop pool you want to create. For creating desktop pools for virtual desktops, see the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 document. For creating desktop pools for published desktops, see the Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon 7 document.
- In Horizon Administrator, click Add. and click
- In the Add Desktop Pool wizard, select the type of desktop pool you want to create, and click Next.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Desktop Pool Settings page.
- To create a Windows Start menu shortcut for the desktop pool, click the Category Folder Browse button, select Select a category folder from the folder list, select a category folder from the list, and click OK.
You can create a new category folder by typing a folder name in the New Folder text box and clicking Add.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Ready to Complete page and select Entitle users after this wizard finishes and click Finish.
- In the Add Entitlements wizard, click Add, select one or more search criteria, and click Find to find users or groups based on your search criteria, select the users or groups you want to entitle to the desktops in the pool and click OK.
A check mark appears in the App Shortcut column for the desktop pool on the Desktop Pools page.
What to do next
Connection Server places these shortcuts in the Start menu on the user's Windows client device. Log in to Horizon Client for Windows to view the desktop shortcuts in the Start menu.