You can add the policy settings in the Remote Desktop Services ADMX file to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory.
About this task
You can also install the Remote Desktop Services ADMX file on individual RDS hosts. On an individual RDS host, you use the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to edit group policy settings.
Create GPOs for the Remote Desktop Services group policy settings and link them to the OU that contains your RDS hosts.
Verify that you can log in as an Administrator domain user on the machine that hosts your Active Directory server.
Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Management snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the Remote Desktop Services ADMX and ADML files to your Active Directory server.
- Copy the vmware_rdsh_server.admx file to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory server.
- (Optional) Copy the vmware_rdsh_server.adml language resource file to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Editor.
The Remote Desktop Services group policy settings are installed in thefolder.
Some Remote Desktop Services group policy settings are also installed in thefolder.
- (Optional) Configure the group policy settings in the folder.