After a desktop pool is created, you can customize, modify, or test individual machines by placing them in maintenance mode. When a machine is in maintenance mode, users cannot access the virtual-machine desktop.
About this task
You place existing machines in maintenance mode one at a time. You can remove multiple machines from maintenance mode in one operation.
When you create a desktop pool, you can start all the machines in the pool in maintenance mode if you specify machine names manually.
- In Horizon Administrator, select Inventory tab. or select , double-click a pool ID, and select the
- Select a machine.
- Select Enter Maintenance Mode from the More Commands drop-down menu.
- Customize, modify, or test the virtual-machine desktop.
- Repeat 2 through 4 for all virtual machines that you want to customize.
- Select the customized machines and select Exit Maintenance Mode from the More Commands drop-down menu.
The modified virtual-machine desktops are available to users.