Disabling the Windows Diagnostic Policy Service avoids some I/O operations to the file system and can reduce the growth of an instant clone's or a View Composer linked clone's virtual disk.
About this task
Do no disable the Windows Diagnostic Policy Service if your users require the diagnostic tools on their desktops.
The following steps apply to Windows 7 and Windows 8. The steps might vary on different Windows operating systems.
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine and select Open Console.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click .
- Select Services and click Open.
- Double-click Diagnostic Policy Service.
- In the Diagnostic Policy Service Properties (Local Computer) dialog, click Stop.
- In the Startup type menu, select Disabled.
- Click OK.