One of the required parameters for the workflows in the vCAC folder is vCAC User. You must configure that parameter to be requested by a principal ID.
About this task
Workflows exposed through vRealize Automation can be customized using the vRealize Automation form editor interface. You can hide fields or rearrange them and add cosmetic improvements to fit into the organization service catalog. Add the blueprint for the specific workflow and customize as needed. You can convert any workflow field to a text box or provide values to display so that users can select from a drop-down list.
Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vRealize Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
Verify that a connection has been made to the View pod by running the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. See Configure the Connection to a View Pod.
Verify that vRealize Automation is configured to communicate with the vRealize Orchestrator server so that the vRealize Orchestrator workflows are available.
- Log in to vRealize Automation as an administrator.
- Add a new Service Blueprint.
vRealize Automation Version
Click the Add Blueprint (+) icon.
7.2 and later
Click New (+) icon.
- Navigate through the vRealize Orchestrator workflow library and select a workflow from the folder.
- Click Next, and specify the workflow name and description that will appear in the vRealize Automation service catalog.
- Click Next, and on the Blueprint Form tab, edit the vCACUser field.
- Click in the vCACUser text box and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Edit Form Field - vCACUser dialog box, click the Constraints tab.
- Click to expand the Value: drop-down list.
- Select the Field radio button and click to expand the Request Info item.
- Click to expand the Requested by item and select Principal ID.
- Click to expand the Visible: drop-down list.
- Select the Constant radio button and select No to hide this parameter in catalog request.
- Click Submit.
- On the Provisioned Resource tab, click Add.
The blueprint is added to the Service Blueprints page, and the status is set to Draft.
- To publish the blueprint, select Publish from the Actions list for the blueprint.
The item now appears on thetab.
What to do next
Configure the catalog item for this service.