Applying a patch involves downloading and running the installer for the patch version.
About this task
The following steps need to be performed on the parent virtual machine, for linked-clone desktop pools, or on each virtual machine desktop in a full-clone pool, or on individual desktop virtual machines for pools that contain only one virtual machine desktop.
Verify that you have a domain user account with administrative privileges on the hosts that you will use to run the patch installer.
- On all parent virtual machines, virtual machines used for full-clone templates, full clones in a pool, and manually added individual virtual machines, download the installer file for the patch version of View Agent (for Horizon 6) or Horizon Agent (for Horizon 7).
Your contact at VMware will provide instructions for this download.
- Run the installer that you downloaded for the patch release of View Agent or Horizon Agent.
In Horizon 6 version 6.2 and later releases, you do not need to uninstall the previous version before you install the patch.
- If you disabled provisioning of new virtual machines in preparation for applying a patch to View Composer, enable provisioning again.
- For parent virtual machines that will be used to create linked-clone desktop pools, take a snapshot of the virtual machine.
For information about taking snapshots, see the vSphere Client online help.
- For linked-clone desktop pools, use the snapshot you created to recompose the desktop pools.
- Verify that you can log in to the patched desktop pools with Horizon Client.
- If you canceled any refresh or recompose operations for any linked-clone desktop pools, schedule the tasks again.