You can add the policy settings in the scanner redirection ADMX template file (vdm_agent_scanner.admx) to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
Verify that the Scanner Redirection setup option is installed on your virtual machine desktops or RDS hosts. The group policy settings have no effect if scanner redirection is not installed. See your Setting Up document for information on installing Horizon Agent.
Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the scanner redirection group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your virtual desktops or RDS hosts. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
Familiarize yourself with scanner redirection group policy settings. See Scanner Redirection Group Policy Settings.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the ADMX files to your Active Directory server.
- Copy the vdm_agent_scanner.admx file and the en-US folder to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory server.
- (Optional) Copy the language resource file (vdm_agent_scanner.adml) to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Editor and enter the path to the template file in the editor.
The settings are located in thefolder.
Most settings are also added to the User Configuration folder, located in folder.
What to do next
Configure the group policy settings.