You can customize individual machines after a pool is created by starting the machines in maintenance mode.
- In Horizon Administrator, begin creating an automated desktop pool by starting the Add Desktop Pool wizard.
- On the Provisioning Settings page, select Specify names manually.
- Select Start machines in maintenance mode.
- Complete the Add Desktop Pool wizard to finish creating the desktop pool.
- In vCenter Server, log in, customize, and test the individual virtual machines.
You can customize the machines manually or by using standard Windows systems-management software such as Altiris, SMS, LanDesk, or BMC.
- In Horizon Administrator, select the desktop pool.
- Use the filter tool to select specific machines to release to your users.
- Click .
What to do next
Notify your users that they can log in to their desktops.