You can create shortcuts for an entitled desktop pool in Horizon Administrator so that the desktop pool appears in the Windows Start menu, on the desktop, or both, on the user's Windows client device. You can create shortcuts when you create a desktop pool. You can also create and modify shortcuts when you edit the desktop pool.
About this task
You can also create shortcuts for application pools. For information, see the Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon 7 document.
Decide how to configure the pool settings based on the type of desktop pool that you want to create. For information about creating virtual desktop pools, see the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon 7 document. For information about creating RDS desktop pools, see the Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon 7 document.
- In Horizon Administrator, click Add. and click
- In the Add Desktop Pool wizard, select the type of desktop pool you want to create, and click Next.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Desktop Pool Settings page.
- Create shortcuts for the desktop pool.
- Click the Category Folder Browse button.
- Select the Select a category folder from the folder list check box.
- Select a category folder from the list, or type a folder name in the New Folder text box and click Add.
- Select the shortcut creation method.
You can select one or both methods.
Creates a Windows Start menu shortcut on the Windows client device.
Creates a shortcut on the desktop on the Windows client device.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- Follow the wizard prompts to the Ready to Complete page and select Entitle users after this wizard finishes and click Finish.
- In the Add Entitlements wizard, click Add, select one or more search criteria, and click Find to find users or groups based on your search criteria, select the users or groups you want to entitle to the desktops in the pool and click OK.
A check mark appears in the App Shortcut column for the desktop pool on the Desktop Pools page.
What to do next
Connection Server places the shortcuts on the user's Windows client device. Use Horizon Client for Windows on the client device to connect to the desktop pool and view the shortcuts on the client device.