For smart card authentication, the certificate authority (CA) that signs the smart card certificate must exist in the Windows certificate store. If not, you can add the CA to the Windows certificate store.
Verify that Microsoft Management Console (MMC) has the Certificates snap-in. See "Add the Certificate Snap-In to MMC" in the Horizon 7 Installation document.
- Start MMC.
- In the MMC console, expand the Certificates (Local Computer) node and go to the folder.
If the root certificate is present and there are no intermediate certificates in the certificate chain, exit MMC.
- Right-click the folder and click .
- In the Certificate Import wizard, click Next and browse to the location where the root CA certificate is stored.
- Select the root CA certificate file and click Open.
- Click Next, click Next, and click Finish.
- If the smart card certificate is issued by an intermediate CA, import all intermediate certificates in the certificate chain.
- Go to the folder.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each intermediate certificate.