When you upgrade your current JMP Server installation to a later version of JMP Server, all existing JMP settings configuration and JMP assignments are preserved.
The JMP Server installer file is included when you download Horizon 7 version 7.5 or later. To upgrade your existing JMP Server installation, you must run the JMP Server installer separately after you successfully install Horizon 7 version 7.6 or later.
You must use a domain user account with administrative privileges on that host system to run the new JMP Server installer file.
- To start the VMWare JMP Installer wizard, locate and double-click the new JMP Server installer file.
The installer checks to see if an existing JMP Server installation exists.
- Click OK in the JMP Upgrade dialog box.
- In the Welcome screen, click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement terms and click Next.
- In the Database Server for the JMP Server Platform Services page, keep the existing database settings and click Next.
- In the Ready to Install Program page, click Install.
The installation proceeds and takes a few minutes to complete.
- Click Finish when the installation finishes successfully.
With a successful upgrade, the three JMP Server services are re-started on your Windows Server host.