You can specify the JMP Server installer to use a Windows authentication login when accessing the SQL Server database you created. Before you run the JMP Server installer, the credentials for that SQL Server login must exist for the JMP Server host on which you are installing JMP Server.
Users connected to the JMP Server host can access the JMP SQL Server database. However, you must also ensure that the Windows Server user account that is used to install JMP Server has write access to the SQL Server database that you created for JMP Server. See Granting Database Owner and System Administration Permissions for Windows User
Ensure that you have created the SQL Server database for your JMP Server instance. To create the database, see Create a SQL Server Database for JMP Server.
- Log in to a SQL Server Management Studio session as the sysadmin (SA) or use a user account with SA privileges.
- In the Object Explorer pane, expand the folder for the SQL server instance in which you created the database for your JMP Server instance.
- Expand the Security folder, right-click Logins, and select New Login.
- In the Login - New dialog box, on the General page, enter a login name in the format domain_name\computer_name$, where computer_name is the name of the JMP Server host and domain_name is the domain in which the host belongs.
For example: mycompany\jmpserver$
- Select Windows authentication.
- From the Default database list, select a default database for the login. The master database is the default value for this item.
- From the Default language list, select a default language to use for the login.
- Assign a sysadmin Server role for the new login account.
- Click the Server Roles tab in the Select a Page pane on the left side.
- In the Server roles page, select the sysadmin check box.
- Click OK.
The new login is added under the Logins folder in the Object Explorer pane.
What to do next
Create the SQL Server login credentials for the Windows Server user account that is used to install JMP Server. See Granting Database Owner and System Administration Permissions for Windows User.