If the current license on a system expires, or if you want to access Horizon 7 features that are currently unlicensed, you can use Horizon Administrator to change the product license key.
You can add a license to Horizon 7 while Horizon 7 is running. You do not need to reboot the system, and access to desktops and applications is not interrupted.
For the successful operation of Horizon 7 and add-on features such as View Composer and published applications, obtain a valid product license key.
- In Horizon Administrator, select
The first and last five characters of the current license key are displayed in the Licensing panel.
- Click Edit License.
- Enter the license serial number and click OK.
The Product Licensing window shows the updated licensing information.
- Verify the license expiration date.
- Verify that the Desktop, Application Remoting, and View Composer licenses are enabled or disabled, based on the edition of VMware Horizon 7 that your product license entitles you to use.
Not all features and capabilities of VMware Horizon 7 are available in all editions. For a comparison of feature sets in each edition, see http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/products/horizon-view/VMware-Horizon-View-Pricing-Licensing-FAQ.pdf.
- Verify that the licensing usage model matches the model that is used in your product license.
Usage is counted by the number of named users or concurrent users, depending on the edition and usage agreement for your product license.