You must create a Windows network share to host the MSI packages that are distributed to remote desktops and pools in Horizon Administrator.
Use the ThinApp Setup Capture wizard to package the applications.
Verify that the network share meets Horizon 7 requirements for storing ThinApp applications. See Horizon 7 Requirements for ThinApp Applications for more information.
- Create a shared folder on a computer in an Active Directory domain that it accessible to both your Connection Server host and remote desktops.
- Configure the file and sharing permissions on the shared folder to give Read access to the built-in Active Directory group Domain Computers.
- If you plan to assign ThinApp applications to domain controllers, give Read access to the built-in Active Directory group Domain Controllers.
- If you plan to use streaming ThinApp application packages, set the NTFS permission of the network share that hosts the ThinApp packages to Read&Execute for users.
- Copy your MSI packages to the shared folder.
What to do next
Register the Windows network share as an application repository in Horizon Administrator.