A home site is the relationship between a user or group and a Cloud Pod Architecture site. With home sites, Horizon begins searching for desktops and applications from a specific site rather than searching for desktops and applications based on the user's current location. Assigning home sites is optional.
You can associate a global entitlement with a home site so that the global entitlement's home site overrides a user's own home site when a user selects the global entitlement. For more information, see Create a Home Site Override.
Decide whether to assign home sites to users or groups in your Cloud Pod Architecture environment. See Using Home Sites.
Group the pods in your pod federation into sites. See Create and Configure a Site.
Global entitlements do not use home sites by default. When creating a global entitlement, you must select the Use home site option to cause Horizon to use a user's home site when allocating desktops from that global entitlement. See Create and Configure a Global Entitlement.
Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture feature. See Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture Feature.
- Log in to the Horizon Administrator user interface for any Connection Server instance in the pod federation.
- In Horizon Administrator, select Users and Groups and click the Home Site tab.
- On the Home Site tab, click Add.
- Select one or more search criteria and click Find to filter the users or groups based on your search criteria.
You can select the Unauthenticated Users check box to find unauthenticated access users in the pod federation.
- Select a user or group and click Next.
- Select the home site to assign to the user or group from the Home Site drop-down menu and click Finish.